Ethical Hackers are very useful to test and evaluate security. They can spot any potential weakness in a system and take measures to cover it. They have no ill-intentions and work only for the benefit of the individual they are hired by. Like any hacker, an ethical hacker exploits the vulnerabilities of the system to obtain unlawful access. The only difference is that the ethical hacker has the permission of the individual or corporation they are breaking into. Thus, it cannot be classified as a criminal activity. These types of hackers are popularly known as the white hat. The other ones are called the black hat.
Why is it that organizations need hackers?
Organizations need a hacker who is ethically based on their work ethics, to counter the infamous black hats. Here is an outline of their activities and their necessity.
There are some types of different services which are need by the small as well as big organization. Some of the main steps taken by ethical hackers to maintain the security of the organization. Some common steps are as follows:
- When everything is working fine and good and we are not under Attack:
- Test Security – These hackers test the security of the organization by breaking into their system. This way, they can spot the openings in their security.
- Implement the measures – All the loopholes will be checked and covered by the security check, which will ensure that there is no space to leak the data or loophole is not available for the black hat hackers who are always in intention to break the server.
- Monitors Security – They keep an eye out for any possible security breach. There is a possibility that there has already been a bug or malware planted.
- Secures Vulnerabilities – They secure any weak spots and vulnerability they encounter.
- Reduce Risk – They work with the IT departments to reduce the risk of a breach.
- When you are Under Attack:
- Locates Opening – They locate the opening or the source of the attack and closes it. Locating the source is essential to counter it.
- Fix – Fix the issue and ensure safety.
- Counter Attack – They counter the attacker and block their pathway. Blocking all pathways will stop the exchange of information between the hacker and the bug or malware. Hence, protects your data.
- Removes Remnant – They clean the network off any remaining bugs, viruses, or malware.
- When the Attack has been made and the damage has been done:
- Repair – They repair and update the anti-virus and anti-malware programs, as well as the firewall. They also repair any other damage that may have happened to the security network.
- Dig out – Secondly dig out the failure which is occurred and delete all the vulnerable scripts which are causing damage.
- Improve Security – They improve the current security measures and implement new methods for the same.
- When the Ongoing operational Work is done:
- Data security – It keeps your data and information safe.
- Save – Saves all server settings, so that they can be used as a backup to get the original values.
- Network and server security – It keeps your network, servers, and devices (computers, etc.) safe.
- Cyber-security – It monitors all cyber activities and looks for any suspicious ones.
Ethical hacking measures are always, whether it is done by an individual or you can hire the ethical hackers to take the steps, essential in enterprises where legal information, company data, cybersecurity, and legal practices are a must.
Companies, hire ethical hackers to strengthen their defenses against cyber attacks. These hackers share the same skills, curiosity, and knowledge as any other hacker. They possess the same intellect and natural IT instinct and any professional programmer. Many organizations and agencies confide in these hire a hacker for their cyber-security.